Please visit any of our branches with an official identification (California ID, Consular Registration Card or Passport); proof of income (pay stubs or Tax Returns); Social Security Number or I.T.I.N. and proof of residential address. For assistance please call 1-800-891-2778
Frequently Asked Questions
Wondering about our loan process?
Select a question to see the answer.
- What do I have to do to apply for a loan ?
- What can I do if I don't have proof of residential address?
Please visit your nearest branch, they will gladly help you.
- Can I apply for a loan if I am self-employed and I do not have company paystubs?
Yes, you can apply for a loan without paystubs. Apoyo Financiero accepts tax returns for individuals who are self-employed.
- Can I ask somebody else to co-sign with me for a loan?
Yes, the co-signer must be a family member. This way you can combine both incomes and make it easier to get approved for a loan.
- What can I get a loan for?
You may get a loan for anything you might need. For example, sending money to family in your home country, growing your business, paying unexpected expenses, remodeling and upgrading your house here or in your home country, purchasing your children's school supplies, family events, etc. We are here to help you!
- Do you charge a commission fee?
Yes, we charge a $75 origination fee. This fee is not discounted from the amount that you request, it is included in the payments that you will make.
- How long does it take to get a loan approved?
In most of the cases, we respond within two business days from the date you provide the required supporting documents.
- How do I receive the money from my loan?
We will issue a loan check in your name.
- How often do I have to make payments on my loan?
We offer several payment plans. You can pay bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly; depending on your pay frequency.
- Where can I make payments and what are your business hours?
You can make your payments at any of our branches throughout the bay area and California from Monday to Saturday. You can also review our payment options
- Can I make payments to principal or pay off my loan early?
Of course! You can make a payment towards the principal on your loan; all we ask is that you are current with your payments. You can also pay off your loan at any given time with no prepayment penalty!
- What can I do if I already have a loan but I've moved?
You can call 1-800-891-2778 or visit your nearest branch and speak to our customer service representatives to update your information.
- Is there any way I can pay less interest?
Yes, there are different options:
- Make payments to principal.
- Pay off your loan earlier than what is specified in the contract.
- What happens if I am late on my payments?
Just like with any credit or loan that you acquire, being late generates additional interest and a late charge of 10 dollars. Be very aware of your payment date(s), and pay an additional amount whenever possible. Remember, a healthy credit record is an open door to other financial sources.
- Can I obtain another loan from Apoyo Financiero?
Of course, you can apply as many times as you want. You can count on Apoyo Financiero for your current and future loan needs.
- Where should I call if I have any questions or concerns?